The museum can be visited on guided tours only. The tours in Finnish begin each hour on the hour. If you prefer a guided tour in English, Swedish, German or Russian, please be sure to book in advance. A booking is also recommended if the group is bigger than 20 persons.
Duration of the tour is 50-60 minutes
Recommended arrival time at Verla: at least 15 min before the beginning of the guided tour.
Note that the mobile phones should be muted during the tour and that photography and recording inside the museum isn''t allowed.
Smoking is allowed only in marked areas.
There are plenty of things to see in Verla, so it is worth spending at least a few hours on location.
Some examples on what to see/to do:
- participate in a guided tour in the old groundwood and board mill
- have lunch or coffee at the café
- taste organic wines at the winery
- visit the museum shop and other shops
- visit the exhibitions (free entrance)
- admire the prehistoric rock paintings (near the parking lot)
- walk the Verla forest trail (2km)
Info desk (bookings, inquiries, cottages, museum shop)
Lunch café (lunch bookings for groups)
Jaalan kädentaitajat (handicraft)
Keramiikkapaja Pikku Kippo (ceramics, workshops for groups)